All Saints' Anglican Church, Rome
A growing Christian community in the heart of Rome finding and following Jesus in worship,
fellowship, study and service.
Facebook    Twitter
Listen to some organ music, played by Titular Organist, Gabriele Catalucci Listen to some organ music, played by Titular Organist, Gabriele Catalucci

Music


Music is a vital part of worship in the Anglican church, and All Saints' seeks to keep alive a tradition of choral singing and congregational participation without neglecting a more informal style of singing during family and children's services. Director of music and titular organist is Gabriele Catalucci (www.ameriaumbra.com/gcatalucci); the choral activity is coordinated by Andrew Cochlin. A small choir is on duty every Sunday morning, and it is reinforced with guest singers for special occasions. On the last Thursday of the month there is a traditional Choral Evensong. There is a different style of music at our monthly "Alternative Worship" (1st Saturday of each month at 5pm) – where a small band leads our singing of contemporary praise songs as well as music from Taizé. Certain local groups regularly sing at our services, among which are the Campion Quartet (www.campionquartet.com), the New Chamber Singers (www.newchambersingers.com) and the choir of St. George’s British International School (www.stgeorge.school.it), while we also have the pleasure of welcoming visiting choirs from all over the world to lead our singing on many an occasion.
The beautiful Conacher-Mascioni organ is played regularly on Sundays, in organ-recitals and often accompanies choral concerts.

All Saints

History of the All Saints' Organ


1894
The Revd. Wilfrid Stanton presented to All Saints, on trust, a large organ built by Peter Conacher & Co. of Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England. The instrument, with three manuals and pedal, stood in the space now occupied by the Blessed Sacrament Chapel.
1913
The Chaplain and Church Committee of the day saw to the transfer of the instrument to the hitherto empty gallery, where it now is, above th chancel and south aisle. An electric blower was fitted for the first time.
1959
The organ, having been untouched for four entire years during the 1940/44 closure of the church, needed a complete overhaul. This was entrusted to the Italian firm Vincenzo Mascioni of Cuvio, Varese. The instrument, inaugurated on November 9th 1960, was completely rebuilt, with a new electric-pneumatic action and a new console with three manuals and pedal.
1979
The organ was dismantled by the Mascioni firm for thorough cleaning and the releathering of all the valves. The overhaul was completed in 1980.
1994 and 2007
The organ was again dismantled by the Mascioni firm for cleaning and re-intonation.
Disposition:
The organ has electric –pneumatic action and a new console with 3 manuals and a pedal preserving many of the Conacher’s organ stops. The names of the stops are written in English.

Choir I Great II Swell III
Principal 8' Double Open Diapason 16' ContraGamba 16'
Gedackt 8 'M Open Diapason 8' Open Diapason 8'
Flute 4' Stopped Diapason 8' Stopped Diapason 8'
Nazard 2 2/3' M Principal 4' Salicional 8'
Flageolet 2' Harmonic Flute 4' Voix Celeste 8'
Tierce 1 3/5' M Twelfth 2 2/3' Principal 4'
Sifflöte 1 1/3 Fitteenth 2' Piccolo 2'
Trumpet 8' (Gt) Ripieno 4 ranks ' M Mixture 5 ranks M
Cromhorn 8' M Trumpet 8' Cornopean 8'
Tremulant Clarion 4' (ext.) Oboe 8'
    Clarion 4'
    Tremulant
Pedal:    
Open Diapason 16' (GT) Harmonic Bass 32' # Open Wood 16
Principal 8' M Bourdon 16' ControGamba 16' (SW)
Bombarde 16' M Fifteenth 4' (ext.) Flute 8' (ext.)
  Trumpet 8' (ext.)  
Couplers:    
CH-GT SW-GT 8-4-16 SW-CH
CH-CH 4-16 Un.off. SW-SW 4-16 Un.off. CH/GT/SW Ped. 8-4.
#=Combinato M = New stop by Mascioni. Sequenzer with possibility of 5000 free combinations
© 2015 Copyright All Saints' Church - Via del Babuino, 153 - 00187 Rome, Italy - Tel. +39 06.36001881 - Reserved Area